Marsh Hawk Review is an online poetry journal sponsored by the Marsh Hawk Press collective. Marsh Hawk Review will appear twice a year, under the revolving editorship of collective members. Each issue will offer a selection of poems solicited by the editor, in addition to new work posted by poets in the collective.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan

Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan

What The Dead Are Good For


I am that blackbird singing in the dead of night
broken wing flapping
trying to take flight

Zoom in on two lines of light
listening to tower control
tripping on bodies, the blight

I stop, stack them up just right
make a mound
leap off catch air off into the night

make it out look to my left to my right
fly clear past the past
past the pain into golden, musical light

*****

Legendary Killer of Newborn Children

I
Lilim, Her Children
Introspection > Inspection
T
Herstory vs. History

The "left hand" of the Great Goddess Inanna
H
Earthen Creation of God

First Woman of Eden
I
Revolution Within = Revolution Without Violence
S
The Howler

Wind Spirit
O
Man's Equal
A
Nocturnal Enticer of Men

No comments: