Marsh Hawk Review is an online poetry journal sponsored by the Marsh Hawk Press collective. Marsh Hawk Review will appear twice a year, under the revolving editorship of collective members. Each issue will offer a selection of poems solicited by the editor, in addition to new work posted by poets in the collective.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thomas Fink and Maya Diablo Mason

BEE 1


I won’t sign anything.

At the end I don’t want you to have a $10 day.

You should hang onto your mother, because

when you lose your money, you’re nothing.

We’ll have a place for you to eat if you don’t have anything to eat.

I will give you $15,000 a year, and you can use it for food.

Now that my poor son is so rich.

He has a lot of money himself, but we’re not getting the benefit of it.

It’s enhancing any house, then the goose girls get it.

Use your head and your charm, and you’ll have plenty to eat,

and we’ll eat it here.





BEE 2


Fedora: not a deep curse.

He said, “That’s not your hat; that’s not your house.”

I know what started it—her charming son.

He picks up things.

He’s an expert, supposedly.

People come to him to put things together.

I can’t believe he was enchanted by me.

Didn’t expect it. (I gave people nice gifts at one time.)

I must be somebody very special.

He was trying to eat that thing you gave him as a gift.

I’m going to keep more that I’ll be getting at the beginning.

1 comment:

Sheila Murphy said...

Rich and refreshing with potent surprise. A treasure, this collaboration. Thank you.